February 27, 2015

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. February 27th}

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider 1

I took last Friday off from posting my own personal FFF because I was swamped with our school’s auction. It is our biggest fundraiser and it is a big deal for our little bitty school. We have a silent and live auction. I showed you this picture a few weeks ago..

IMG_8398

I hinted that this was going to be our class project. And this is the end result….

IMG_8592

Big thanks to my mom and dad for helping out. My dad cut the boards apart {so each student could paint a piece) then glued them back together, framed it up and cut out the cross. My mom helped paint the cross. It was easy and a big hit. I really loved it myself and would have loved to bid on it myself. But, one of my parents won it.

Divider 2IMG_8495

I know Valentine’s Day is waaaaay over but I realized I never shared this picture. I did on Instagram but never here on my blog. I have made fancy bags or valentine boxes in the past for our card exchange but this year I  took the easiest way out possible! I made these cute coloring sheets using Ashley/School Supply Addict clipart and just stapled them to solid white gift bags.

Divider 3IMG_8525

We have a fabulous art program and art teacher at our school. These are my students who won in the school art contest and their pictures have gone to the district competition  and hopefully someone will make it to the state competition too! Can you believe how awesome the owl is?!? All of them are precious but the owl is pretty awesome!

Divider 4IMG_8586

This week has been all about Winter Weather.. we went to school for a 1/2 day on Monday and we were dismissed at 12:15. Then we were out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It’s been pretty nice to have a few days off to get some things done.

IMG_8591

This is my office {it’s in our backyard} and I shared some pictures on my Doodle Bugs Paper /Stationery blog this week if you would like to see where I do all my work!

Divider 5

photo

I’ve also been spending my days off finishing up my latest set of Easter Cut and Paste Printables. They aren’t listed just yet but should be this weekend! Easter is so early this year.. we will start using these in a few weeks.

Enjoy your weekend! Stay warm!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I am obsessed with al your photos this week! The Valentine's Day bags... the snow... the artwork... TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the art work that the students did! Julie (Green Apple Lessons)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for your school auction! It turned out beautiful! I've always done a class quilt (each child decorates a square) for our auction, but this would be quicker. Love the contrast of the colors with the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I tried to find a way to email you, but I need to change out the thumbnail nail that is showing to my thumbnail. I'm not sure how that happened, but leave it to me! My email is jennh13@aol.com if you need to email me to get that started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, your handwriting in the snow is way better than mine! And your kids' artwork is amazing!!!! How creative! They must be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh - that artwork is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the Valentine's Day bags... how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cross... those bags...the art... love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete