January 5, 2015

it was a good day!

 

bff27fba89a984abd2aa4496a3bb1587

  • Getting up an hour before my alarm went off gave me time to do some chores I normally would have to do after school.
  • My phone said it felt 19 degrees outside. Thankful my husband offered to go outside and crank my truck and turn the heat on.
  • Being able to wear jeans and a school hoodie to work.
  • Not having anything sweet all day but being too busy to remember that I had not had anything sweet all day.
  • Surprise! You have a new student BUT she is sweet. And, it gets me back to an even number. The few weeks I had 13 kids drove me crazy! I am way more content with 14. And how perfect that I have 7 boys and 7 girls.
  • Only having 14 students.
  • When I gave up a whole day of my Christmas break to plan and prep lessons it was worth it today to be organized and well prepared for the whole week.
  • Nobody spilled anything in the cafeteria today.
  • My mom made and brought me homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch.
  • Working five miles from home means I could run home during my planning period and print a few things that were on my home computer.
  • Prepped tonight’s dinner yesterday so it is in the fridge just waiting to be cooked later.
  • None of my kids are coughing, sneezing or have runny noses.
  • None of my kids had lice during head checks this morning.
  • Coming straight home from school, changing clothes, and getting cozy with a book.

I survived and I hope your first day back from Winter/Christmas break was a good day too!

Monday is almost over and Tuesday is on the way!

7 comments:

  1. Wow you only had 13 kids! I am so jealous. We had 31 in my class by the end of the year two years ago and last year we had 27. I'm moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this quote after the day I had.. good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was! We had a work day
    without kids.
    They'll be back tomorrow.

    Have a great Tuesday!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - look at you!! I et up at 5:00 already.. darn kiddos take up my time in the morning lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Are you going to be making a January Cut and Paste printable packet? Thanks! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great reminder and a very nice post.
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete